"The international arbitration backed every demand of Georgian side and we had a full opportunity to cancel the contract with Frontera, because they couldn't enforce the responsibilities they bore - there was an essential breach in the contract. Due to the fact that we appreciate the relations with our strategic partner US, and Georgia's attracting investment image, we took the decision to let Frontera stay within the area of contract and continue their oil extraction activities. Due to this, every attempt to undermine the partnership between us and our strategic partner is feeble and futile. The result will be that certain congressmen will find themselves in an awkward situation because Frontera and their lobbyists provide them with the wrong information", - Natia Turnava, Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development declared.
To remind, the Georgian government took the decision not to cancel the contract with Frontera Resources and let the company continue its activities on the contractual territory where the oil extraction has been carried out since the Soviet times. The territory makes up 1% of the state oil search area, the remaining 99% was returned by Frontera to the state according to the decision of the Arbitration court.
See all the news
Update on Shuakhevi HPP
Turkey to open doors to 31 countries for health tourism
Statement by Andrius Kubilius on the EU assistance for Georgia
Wine sales have increased 5 times in the UK - Georgian-British startup
S&P: Georgia Heads Toward Recession
Gurian Tea "Gamarjoba" will Appear on the Market from September
Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care
First-Stage Land Usage Permit for APM Terminals Poti
www.stopcov.ge is accessible in minority languages
How will Nenskra HPP Reduce the Electricity Import?
Wizz Air suspends all flights from Georgia to Europe except Budapest
Carrefour: The product will be on the shelves with the prices same as before
Differences between tobacco and nicotine products
OECD cuts 2020 global growth forecast over virus
Georgia to export new armored vehicle Didgori Meomari
"Hotels are in shock, reservations are canceled" - Shalva Alaverdashvili
Iranian MP infected with coronavirus dies
Georgian brand Entrée enters the UK market and opens its first facility in London
The first Swiss-Georgian VET college will soon be open in Dmanisi
EBRD reviewed the concept of Tbilisi Metro Project