Georgia’s export decreased by 30.6% in May. It becomes clear from the report published by Geostat. According to the preliminary data, export has made up $234.1 million USD in the previous month, which is less $103.4 million (by 30.6%) comparing to 2019.
In January-May 2020 the exports of Georgia (excluding non-declared exports) equaled USD 1 235.7 million, 16.2 percent lower year-on-year. Share of the domestic exports in total export constituted 72.3 percent and amounted to USD 894.0 million, 4.0 percent lower to the January-May 2019.
• Copper ores and concentrates, $ 258 million, down 1.2% from the previous year;
• Ferro-alloys, $ 148.8 million, down 31% from the previous year;
• Wine of fresh grapesm,$ 109 million, down from the previous year - 20.1%;
• Precious metal ores and concentrates, $ 73.2 million, down 1.3% from the previous year;
• Waters, natural or artificial mineral and aerated waters, $ 66.7 (no exports of these goods were recorded last year);
• Nitrogenous fertilizers, $ 4.3.3 million, up 1.8% from the previous year;
• Gold, $ 42.8 million, down from the previous year - 20.3%;
• Spirituous beverages, $ 39 million, a decrease from the previous year - 14.2%;
• Flours, meals and pellets, unfit for human consumption; greaves, $ 36.9 million, up 32.5% from the previous year;
• Hazelnuts and other nuts, $ 36.6 million, down from the previous year - 59.8%;
• Other commodities,
Copper ores and concentrates - a total of $ 380.7 million, down from the previous year - 266.3%.
See all the news
Turkey to open doors to 31 countries for health tourism
Statement by Andrius Kubilius on the EU assistance for Georgia
Wine sales have increased 5 times in the UK - Georgian-British startup
S&P: Georgia Heads Toward Recession
Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care
First-Stage Land Usage Permit for APM Terminals Poti
How will Nenskra HPP Reduce the Electricity Import?
Carrefour: The product will be on the shelves with the prices same as before
Differences between tobacco and nicotine products
OECD cuts 2020 global growth forecast over virus
Georgia to export new armored vehicle Didgori Meomari
"Hotels are in shock, reservations are canceled" - Shalva Alaverdashvili
Georgian brand Entrée enters the UK market and opens its first facility in London
The first Swiss-Georgian VET college will soon be open in Dmanisi
Frontera claims that Georgian government has started harassing the company since 2013
Company HotelFriend offers convenient eComerce platform to Georgian Touroperators
Will the head of "Anaklia Deepwater Port Development Agency" be replaced?
TOP-10 Exporter Companies from Georgia to Russia
TBC Bank Group announces certain changes to the composition of the Management Board
Silknet signed Memorandum of Understanding with Global Communications Company One Web