The ruling party Georgian Dream – Democratic Georgia received 48% of the total donations made to electoral subjects. To compare with data from previous years, the Georgian Dream received 66% of the total donations during the parliamentary election year in 2016 and 88% - during the local self-government election year in 2017. The reduction of the difference between the volume of donations received by the ruling and other parties can be explained by the fact that the party “Lelo for Georgia” and the electoral bloc “Giorgi Vashadze – the Builder Strategy” joined the list of traditionally financially-strong parties – this is what the Transparency International Georgia has studied in its latest report released today.
Accroding to TI, out of 50 electoral subjects, 29 received donations from January 1, 2020, to October 15, 2020. The total sum of donations received by these subjects is GEL 35 376 394, out of which GEL 17 086 626 went to the ruling party Georgian Dream – Democratic Movement, GEL 5 075 844 to - Lelo for Georgia, while the parties making up the electoral bloc United National Movement, United Opposition – “Strength in Unity” received GEL 3 735 583.
98% of the total donations received by 29 electoral subjects came from natural persons, while the remaining 2% - from legal entities. Nearly 1/3 of the political party donors contributed more than the average annual salary (GEL 11 040) in Georgia. Approximately 82% of the total donations received by all parties are from such donors, which points to the dependency on large donors – TI said.
See all the news
რატომ ვერ ვმართეთ კორონავირუსი? - #Forbesკვირა პროლოგი გიორგი ისაკაძე
Q&A: Ek Law Office
LVMH and Tiffany Agree on Lower Price for $16 Billion Takeover
Woman in Charge
Hualing FIZ: Four New International Companies to Establish Free Zone Businesses in Georgia
Focus on Georgia - ADB
Focus on Ganja Gap in Nagorno-Karabakh’s Regional Conflict
Scientific Community Calls for Action Against Lockdowns
Georgian Government seize foreign-owned asset, referred to International Arbitration
Studying Abroad Costs Georgian Students €10,000–15,000
Franco Frattini - Georgia, straying from the rule of law
Letter to the Newsweek Editor: 'Russia Determined to Wield Power in Georgia'
Caspiannews: Georgia’s Actions to Seize Foreign Company Disrupt Telecommunications Corridor Between Europe & Asia
Turkish cable manufacturer Koc Kablo has opened its first factory in Georgia
TBC Bank announces management change
EU Local Statement on recent public comments with regards to the German Ambassador to Georgia
Oil prices fall further on virus fears, U.S. crude stock build
Georgia reports 3 new cases of coronavirus and 7 recoveries
The trend of demand for holiday houses is emerging - a study of the real estate consumer market