According to Geostat, In January 2020 the external merchandise trade (excluding non-declared trade) of Georgia amounted to USD 882.5 million, 5.7 percent higher to the same month of 2019. The exports equaled USD 262.6 million (10.0 percent higher), while the imports stood at USD 619.8 million (4.0 percent higher).
The negative trade balance was USD 357.2 million in January 2020 and its share in external trade turnover constituted 40.5 percent.
In January 2020 motor cars reclaimed the first place in the list of top export items, equaling USD 51.8 million or 19.7 percent of total exports. The exports of copper ores and concentrates totaled USD 49.4 million and their share in the total exports amounted to 18.8 percent. The Precious metal ores and concentrates exports occupied the third place standing at USD 16.0 million and constituting 6.1 percent of the total exports.
MAJOR COMMODITY GROUPS BY EXPORTS
1. Motor cars – 51,7 million USD, 95% increase comparing to the previous year
2. Copper ores and concentrates - 49.4 million USD, 16% increase comparing to the previous year
3. Precious metal ores and concentrates – 16 million USD (increase is not fixed)
4. Ferro-alloys – 15.4 million USD, decline of 15% comparing to the previous year
5. Wine of fresh grapes – decline of 6.4% comparing to the same period of the previous year
6. Mineral or chemical fertilizers, nitrogenous – 11.7 million USD, decrease of 6.4% comparing to the previous year
7. Spirituous beverages – 8 million USD, increase of 22.9% comparing to the previous year
8. Gold – 7.9 million USD, increase of 25.9% comparing to the previous year
9. Waters, natural or artificial mineral and aerated waters – 7.4 million USD, decline of 5.4 % comparing to the previous year.
10. Citrus fruit, fresh or dried - 3.3 million USD, the increase – 83%.
See all the news
Carrefour: The product will be on the shelves with the prices same as before
Differences between tobacco and nicotine products
Silknet signed Memorandum of Understanding with Global Communications Company One Web
Reuters: Dutch city tells floating Georgian monastery to cast off
The NBG hiked further as the GEL stays undervalued
World Bank expects slowdown of Georgia's economic growth in Q4 of 2019
Georgia-Estonia Business Forum is Held Today
Nestle Sees $250 Million Boost for Starbucks Products
BM.GE: Giorgi Gakharia has selected a new business ombudsman
Tourist Number Hits a Record within 10Months and Exceeds 8 MLN Despite Putin’s Flight Ban
Galt & Taggart does not rule out slowdown of economic growth to 4% in 2020
Mamuka Khazaradze: finally, I also found out what we were accused of
Salmonella detected in frozen chicken meat imported from Ukraine
Talakvadze about Tskaltubo Development Project: special rules won’t apply to Ivanishvili
m2: we do not have any plans for Center Point at this stage
Georgia Capital to open 6 new hotels in Georgia under the new brand Amber Group
The CEO of m2 Group is changed - Shota Berekashvili replaces Irakli Burdiladze
The 30 Top Emerging Travel Destinations for 2020
"We hold rather comfortable shares on the market " – Does TBC Bank want to Buy Cartu?
Interview with Ahmed Bin Sulayem - Executive Chairman and CEO of DMCC