A total of $ 3.34 billion worth of goods were exported from Georgia in 2020. Exports fell by 456 million USD, or 12% amid the economic crisis.
According to the Geostat report, last year Azerbaijan lost the status of Georgia's top trading partner by exports and China took the position, where exports were 113% up amounting to 476 million USD.
Exports to Armenia were 56% down in 2020 amounting to $ 187 million in 2020. Armenia ranks as the 7th in the rating, while the country occupied the 3rd position in 2019. Russia moved from second to third place, where goods worth $ 441 million were exported in 2020.
Georgia’s top trading partners by exports:
1. China - 476 million USD, increase of 113.4% y-o-y;
2. Azerbaijan - 441.3 million USD, decrease of 13.2% y-o-y;
3. Russia - 441 million USD, decrease of 11.2% y-o-y;
4. Bulgaria - 312 million USD, increase of 10% y-o-y;
5. Ukraine - 217 million USD, decrease of 13.4% y-o-y;
6. Turkey - 190 million USD, decrease of 5.8% y-o-y;
7. Armenia - 187 million USD, decrease of -56.6% y-o-y;
8. Switzerland - 106 million USD, increase of 28.8% y-o-y;
9. Spain - 83 million USD, increase of 82% y-o-y;
10. US - 80 million USD, decrease of -39.5% y-o-y;
11. Other countries - 805 million USD, decrease of -29.3% y-o-y.
In 2020, exports decreased by 15.9%, or 1.5 billion USD, amounting to 8 billion USD. Turkish imports fell by 210 million USD to 1.4 billion USD. Imports from Russia fell by more than 90 million USD, while - from China by 150 million USD.
See all the news
Regional Statistics of COVID-19
მთის კურორტებზე არსებული ბიზნესი ხელისუფლებას შეხვდა - გეგა სალუქვაძე საქმის კურსში
შესაძლოა, ბაზრობები 15 თებერვლამდე გაიხსნას
“აჭარისწყალი ჯორჯიას” ახალი აღმასრულებელი დირექტორი ჰყავს
Fines for Violation of Traffic Rules in Azerbaijan Amounted to USD 55 MLN during Jan-Sep 2020
Key Highlights in Global and Regional Markets
EASTERN EUROPEAN DNS FORUM WAS HELD IN GEORGIA
რატომ ვერ ვმართეთ კორონავირუსი? - #Forbesკვირა პროლოგი გიორგი ისაკაძე
Q&A: Ek Law Office
LVMH and Tiffany Agree on Lower Price for $16 Billion Takeover
Woman in Charge
Hualing FIZ: Four New International Companies to Establish Free Zone Businesses in Georgia
U.S. Investment Firm Asks Republic of Georgia for License to Mineral Rights on Block 12
Focus on Georgia - ADB
Focus on Ganja Gap in Nagorno-Karabakh’s Regional Conflict
Scientific Community Calls for Action Against Lockdowns
Georgian Government seize foreign-owned asset, referred to International Arbitration
Studying Abroad Costs Georgian Students €10,000–15,000
Franco Frattini - Georgia, straying from the rule of law