In January-August 2020, the income of Internet providers operating in Georgia increased by 8 million GEL or 5%, and amounted to 160 million GEL. According to the statistics of the Communications Commission, the total number of subscribers is 925 thousand, which is 38 thousand more than in the same period of 2019.
As of the 8 months of 2020, the revenues received by providers are as follows:
1. MagtiCom - GEL 85,019,538, increase is GEL 4,133,842 compared to the previous year;
2. Silknet - GEL 63,582,652, increase is GEL 2,632,721 compared to the previous year;
3. Akhali Kselebi - 4,654,538 GEL, decrease is GEL 326,407 compared to the previous year;
4. SkyTel - 4,560,317 GEL, increase is GEL 1,950,262 over the previous year;
5. Akhteli - 2,552,005 GEL, decrease is GEL 311,291 compared to the previous year.
Number of subscribers of the five largest providers as of August 2020:
1. MagtiCom - 454,995 subscribers, increase of 39,278 over the previous year;
2. Silknet - 289,664 subscribers, increase of 3,469 over the previous year;
3. Akhali Kselebi - 27,570 subscribers, decrease of 6,137compared to the previous year ;
4. Akhteli - 15,408 subscribers, decrease of 2,115 compared to the previous year;
5. SkyTel - 23,827 subscribers, increase of 7,527over the previous year.
According to the Communications Commission, the average internet tariff for one subscriber is 18.26 GEL per month, while tariff amounts to 142 GEL per month for commercial sector.
On an annual basis, the average internet tariff of a private individual is reduced by 40 tetri, whereas the tariff for a commercial subscriber is declined by 13 GEL.
See all the news
Kazakhstan’s Share of Bitcoin Mining Increases Sixfold Surging to Third Place Worldwide
Israel Bans Travel In Georgia From July 30
Novartis Prostate Cancer Drug Receives U.S. FDA Breakthrough Designation
Mymarket-ის აპლიკაცია ჩაშვებულია!
The Success of 5 Georgian Wines at Sommeliers Choice Awards 2021
მანინო უწერა - ახალი სასტუმრო რაჭაში
სილამაზის ინდუსტრიის გამოწვევები და #AVON-ის ფინანსური მაჩვენებლები
Investors in Georgia discover that Ease of Doing Business rankings can be deceptive
Baia Kvitsiani to Replace Mariam Kvrivishvili In The Parliament
Who Is Vazil Hudak?
PM Appoints Vazil Hudak As A Special Advisor on Attracting FDI
Exclusive Follow-Up/Interview with Selim Cakir, IMF Representative in Georgia
Czech Development Agency Delegation to Visit Georgia
GNCC demands reversal of a transaction on which they don’t have a jurisdiction - Law Professor
ფარმადეპო: „მედიკამენტები 1 ლარად“ - ქეთი კოზმანაშვილი ქალების ნარატივში
Georgia's business community responds to the sharp devaluation of GEL
Georgia amends transfer pricing rules for APAs, reduces thresholds
We paid for 100% of shares of Caucasus Online in 2019 - NEQSOL Holding
“Only the courts have the right to determine the legality of the purchase of Caucasus Online", - NEQSOL Holding