In January-August 2020, the income of Internet providers operating in Georgia increased by 8 million GEL or 5%, and amounted to 160 million GEL. According to the statistics of the Communications Commission, the total number of subscribers is 925 thousand, which is 38 thousand more than in the same period of 2019.
As of the 8 months of 2020, the revenues received by providers are as follows:
1. MagtiCom - GEL 85,019,538, increase is GEL 4,133,842 compared to the previous year;
2. Silknet - GEL 63,582,652, increase is GEL 2,632,721 compared to the previous year;
3. Akhali Kselebi - 4,654,538 GEL, decrease is GEL 326,407 compared to the previous year;
4. SkyTel - 4,560,317 GEL, increase is GEL 1,950,262 over the previous year;
5. Akhteli - 2,552,005 GEL, decrease is GEL 311,291 compared to the previous year.
Number of subscribers of the five largest providers as of August 2020:
1. MagtiCom - 454,995 subscribers, increase of 39,278 over the previous year;
2. Silknet - 289,664 subscribers, increase of 3,469 over the previous year;
3. Akhali Kselebi - 27,570 subscribers, decrease of 6,137compared to the previous year ;
4. Akhteli - 15,408 subscribers, decrease of 2,115 compared to the previous year;
5. SkyTel - 23,827 subscribers, increase of 7,527over the previous year.
According to the Communications Commission, the average internet tariff for one subscriber is 18.26 GEL per month, while tariff amounts to 142 GEL per month for commercial sector.
On an annual basis, the average internet tariff of a private individual is reduced by 40 tetri, whereas the tariff for a commercial subscriber is declined by 13 GEL.
See all the news
საქმის კურსი - 28.01.2021 - კოლაჟი
Regional Statistics of COVID-19
მთის კურორტებზე არსებული ბიზნესი ხელისუფლებას შეხვდა - გეგა სალუქვაძე საქმის კურსში
შესაძლოა, ბაზრობები 15 თებერვლამდე გაიხსნას
“აჭარისწყალი ჯორჯიას” ახალი აღმასრულებელი დირექტორი ჰყავს
Fines for Violation of Traffic Rules in Azerbaijan Amounted to USD 55 MLN during Jan-Sep 2020
Key Highlights in Global and Regional Markets
EASTERN EUROPEAN DNS FORUM WAS HELD IN GEORGIA
რატომ ვერ ვმართეთ კორონავირუსი? - #Forbesკვირა პროლოგი გიორგი ისაკაძე
Q&A: Ek Law Office
LVMH and Tiffany Agree on Lower Price for $16 Billion Takeover
Woman in Charge
Hualing FIZ: Four New International Companies to Establish Free Zone Businesses in Georgia
U.S. Investment Firm Asks Republic of Georgia for License to Mineral Rights on Block 12
Focus on Georgia - ADB
Focus on Ganja Gap in Nagorno-Karabakh’s Regional Conflict
Scientific Community Calls for Action Against Lockdowns
Georgian Government seize foreign-owned asset, referred to International Arbitration
Studying Abroad Costs Georgian Students €10,000–15,000