The National Tourism Administration released a report on foreign visitors’ statistics in March. According to official statistics, 209,000 international visitors visited the country last month, down 58.6% from 2019.
According to the document, the number of international visitors by air decreased by 68% during the period, while by the land - 55%.
During March, the border regime became even tighter and figures are close to zero in April. At the same time, due to the restriction of economic activity, the activity of hotels operating in the country is almost suspended, and they only serve quarantine persons.
According to statistics, mostly citizens of Azerbaijan and Turkey crossed the Georgian border in March. The full rating and reduced figures are as follows:
1. Azerbaijan - 43,437 visitors, decrease of 62.9% compared to the previous year;
2. Turkey - 41,121 visitors, decrease of -45.4% from the previous year;
3. Russia - 32,981 visitors, 66.5% down from the previous year;
4. Armenia - 32,798 visitors, down from the previous year - 61.1%;
5. Georgia (non-resident) - 19 410 visitors, decrease compared to the previous year - 49.5%;
6. Ukraine - 7 805 visitors, decrease compared to the previous year - 40.3%;
7. Israel - 3,620 visitors, a decrease from the previous year - 65.9%;
8. Poland - 2,502 visitors, a decrease of 9.6% from the previous year;
9. Kazakhstan - 1,810 visitors, a decrease of 62.5% from the previous year;
10. Belarus - 1,685 visitors, a decrease of 40.5% compared to the previous year;
11. Germany - 1,666 visitors, down from the previous year - 45.7%;
12. India - 1,336 visitors, down from the previous year - 74.7%;
13. USA - 1,117 visitors, down from the previous year - 51.0%;
14. United Kingdom - 1,117 visitors, down from the previous year - 42.5%;
15. Lithuania - 1,096 visitors, a decrease of 18.0% compared to the previous year.
The National Tourism Administration will publish statistics of April in May.
See all the news
Novartis Prostate Cancer Drug Receives U.S. FDA Breakthrough Designation
The Success of 5 Georgian Wines at Sommeliers Choice Awards 2021
სილამაზის ინდუსტრიის გამოწვევები და #AVON-ის ფინანსური მაჩვენებლები
Baia Kvitsiani to Replace Mariam Kvrivishvili In The Parliament
Who Is Vazil Hudak?
PM Appoints Vazil Hudak As A Special Advisor on Attracting FDI
Czech Development Agency Delegation to Visit Georgia
Georgia amends transfer pricing rules for APAs, reduces thresholds
We paid for 100% of shares of Caucasus Online in 2019 - NEQSOL Holding
“Only the courts have the right to determine the legality of the purchase of Caucasus Online", - NEQSOL Holding
Top-10 Major Commodity Groups by Exports – what does Georgia sell abroad?
NBG sold foreign exchange reserves of $ 993 mln in the last 12M
Nenskra HPP Project: Update
Carrefour Surpassed by Nikora in 2020
"ჯიპიაი" თავის დაზღვეულებს COVID ვაქცინაციას შესთავაზებს / ანალიტიკა - 12.03.2021-13:40 - გადაცემა სრულად
The former president of Frontera is accused by the founder of the company of stealing oil
The lawsuit between the former president of Frontera and the founder of the company
#ADB-ის პერსპექტივა - #ინტერვიუ შეინ როზენტალთან
"Severe punishment and termination of government support awaits you," Gakharia warns businesses