In April 2022, the volume of money transfers to Georgia from abroad constituted 308.1 million USD (944.8 million GEL), which is 58.8% (114.1 million USD) more than the amount in April 2021.
96.2% percent of the total money transfers from abroad to Georgia came from 20 largest partner countries, with the volume of transfers from these countries each exceeding 1 million USD in April 2022. In April 2021 the share of these 20 countries constituted 91.5% percent of the total volume of money transfers, reads the recent data of the National Bank of Georgia (NBG).
In April 2022, 25.4 million USD (or 77.8 million GEL) was transferred from Georgia, which is 1.5% less as compared to 25.8 million USD in April 2021.
Top 10 countries by money transfers in April was as follows:
1. Russian Federation - US$ 133 million, an increase of 299% from the previous year;
2. Italy - US$ 33 million, an increase of 5% from the previous year;
3. US - US$ 25 million, an increase of 1% from the previous year;
4. Kazakhstan - US$ 20 million, an increase of 705% from the previous year;
5. Greece - US$ 19 million, a decrease of -14% from the previous year;
6. Israel - US$ 16 million, an increase of 5% from the previous year;
7. Germany - US$ 12 million, an increase of 37% from the previous year;
8. Turkey - US$ 8 million, a decrease of 16% from the previous year;
9. Azerbaijan - US$ 5 million, a decrease of -45% from the previous year;
10. Spain - US$ 5 million, an increase of 8% from the previous year.
See all the news
Financial Services in CAREC
#TheCheckpoints: TIWB & Georgia - Interview with Rusudan Kemularia, Head of TIWB Secretariat
Stoli® Group to Release Limited-Edition Bottle in Support of the Ukrainian People
როგორ მოხვდა 17 წლის ანასტასია ლელაძე ჰარვარდში? - ანასტასია ლელაძე ქალების ნარატივში
"Literally the whole village was waiting for the first harvest of strawberry" - Kvitsiani family from Svaneti
Aliyev replaces long-serving central bank head with loyalist
Putin imposes visa restrictions on citizens from 'unfriendly' countries
BMG-ს მედია რუბრიკა: #პროფესიონალი - გიორგი მიქაია
ყველაზე სანქცირებული რუსი ოლიგარქები
Business Leaders Council by USAID and Georgian Business
ვინ არის მსოფლიოში #1 სნაიპერი “Wali”?
ბინების ქირის ფასი 50%-მდე გაიზარდა
OECD formally terminates the accession process of Russia
"Today we are all Ukrainians"- Zurab Pololikashvili
Tourism is the main bridge for building understanding - ZURAB POLOLIKASHVILI
FAQ’s and Analysis on Lari & FDI - Interview with Fady Asly
მინერალური და მტკნარი წყლის ფასები ქართულ ბაზარზე
China continues to push competitors out of the global walnut market
Moscow to Host First Meeting of Turkish & Armenian Special Envoys on Jan 14