Given the current epidemiological situation in Georgia, the Interagency Coordinating Council headed by the Prime Minister has decided to tighten and expand the existing point restrictions in the country.
By the decision of the Interagency Coordination Council,
November 28 - January 31
Nationwide restrictions apply to:
· Movement of persons from 21:00 to 05:00 both on foot and by vehicle, as well as being in public space; Exceptions will be New Year's Eve - December 31 and Christmas Eve - January 6;
· Regular intercity transportation of passengers, including by rail, bus, minibus. There are no restrictions on cars (including taxis);
· Restaurants and food outlets are fully switched to takeout service.
List of allowed activities:
- Product takeaway
- Delivery services
- Drive-in services
· Work out of gyms and swimming pools;
· All kinds of conferences, training, cultural, and entertainment events are allowed only in the online format.
· Activities of sports, art, and cultural studios.
In big cities - in Tbilisi, Batumi, Kutaisi, Rustavi, Gori, Poti, Zugdidi, Telavi - and ski resorts - Bakuriani, Gudauri, Goderdzi, and Mestia, the following restrictions are additionally imposed:
Work of municipal transport within the borders of Tbilisi, Telavi, Batumi, Kutaisi, Rustavi, Gori, Poti, Zugdidi is restricted.
· Shopping facilities (except for food, animal feed, pharmacies, veterinary pharmacies, household chemicals, and hygiene shops and press booths) operate only remotely;
· Open and closed markets will not work. Agrarian markets will continue to function;
· Schools, vocational schools and higher education institutions (except medical education programs) are fully switched to remote mode;
· Private and public kindergartens will stop working.
· The work of hotels is allowed only for arranging quarantine spaces;
· Also, the operation of ski slopes and ski lifts is stopped.
December 24 - January 2: Restrictions are eased nationwide:
· Shopping centers, open and closed markets will work;
· The work of both municipal and intercity transport will be restored.
January 3 - January 15
· Holidays are announced;
· All restrictions that were in force from November 28 to December 24 will be restored;
· No public or private institutions will work, except for banks and facilities and strategic importance services.
January 16 - January 31
· Municipal and intercity transport, trade facilities, and open and closed markets (except for weekends) will be restored.
· Transportation, trade facilities, and markets will stop working on weekends
During this period, the restrictions do not apply to:
· All other economic activities, including:
1. State and private construction-repair activities;
2. Banking and financial activities;
3. Operation of food, animal feed, pharmacies, veterinary pharmacies, household chemicals, and hygiene shops and press booths;
4. Delivery and takeout services;
5. Operation of beauty salons and aesthetic medicine centers;
6. Car service and technical inspection services;
7. Home appliance repair services;
8. The operation of the agrarian market
It is not restricted to travel by car (including taxi).