16.Oct .2020 16:00

Retail Income of Georgian Internet Providers Up by GEL 9 MLN

Retail Income of Georgian Internet Providers Up by GEL 9 MLN
views 648
Back

Internet providers operating in Georgia have received GEL 159, 190, 283 million from fixed internet during Jan-Jul 2020, up from GEL 150, 112, 266 from the same period of the previous year. Y-o-Y comparison has shown over 6% growth in retail income. Magticom and Silknet, the leading market players share the main, in particular, 80% of income, leaving the remaining 20% for other 132 companies. 
 
According to Georgian National Communication Commission (GNCC), the number of fixed internet subscribers in Georgia stood at 931,937 as of Jul 2020, up from 884,618 subscribers as of Jul 2019. 

The number of active internet providers amounted to 135 in July of the current year. The list of top five companies incorporates Magticom, Silknet, SkyTel, Akhali Kselebi, and Akhteli. 

Retail income as of Jan-Jul 2020 among the main market players has been distributed in the following way: Magticom – GEL 74,253,092, Silknet – GEL 55,738,502, Akhali Kselebi – GEL 4,134,182, SkyTel – GEL 3,940,605 and Akhteli – GEL 2,259,251.