The Russian Federation became the number one fuel import market for Georgia. In 2021, this position was occupied by Turkmenistan. However, due to the record increase in fuel prices this year, Georgian oil importers switched to discounted Russian fuel.
In the first 6 months of 2022, Georgia purchased 597,537 tons of fuel worth USD 577 million. The import value has increased by 76%, while the volume of imported oil has increased by 4%. The value of imports directly from Russia increased by 208%.
According to import prices, the average cost of fuel imported from Russia in June was USD 1,005 per ton, the average price of imports from Bulgaria - USD 1,167, and from Romania - USD 1,265.
According to countries, the import of oil products is distributed as follows (in amount):
1) Russia - USD 184 million, an increase of 208% compared to the previous year;
2) Romania - USD 124 million, an increase of 71% compared to the previous year;
3) Turkmenistan - USD 98 million, an increase of 23% compared to the previous year;
4) Bulgaria - USD 77.5 million, an increase of 131% compared to the previous year;
5) Azerbaijan - USD 48.5 million, an increase of 44% compared to the previous year.
Import of oil products by volumes:
1. Russia - 198,242 tons, an increase of 77%, the share in the total import is 33%;
2. Romania - 127,221 tons, an increase of 1.2%, the share in the total import is 21%;
3. Turkmenistan - 98,193 tons, 12% decrease, 16% share in total imports;
4. Bulgaria - 79,378 tons, 18% decrease, 13% share in total imports;
5. Azerbaijan - 56,854 tons, decrease of 1%, share in total import 10%.
Oil imports from Russia were particularly large in June, when 59,393 tons of fuel worth USD 59.7 million entered the country.
In May, the Georgian Competition Agency published a report in which it was said that Russian fuel was cheaper compared to European fuel. Probably, because of the low price, the business increased its imports from Russia.
Currently, the price of one ton of gasoline (platts) is USD 1,134. Compared to this price, Russian fuel is several percent cheaper.
See all the news
What regime of sanctions applies to Russian oil and what requirements Georgia has to comply?
Financial Services in CAREC
#TheCheckpoints: TIWB & Georgia - Interview with Rusudan Kemularia, Head of TIWB Secretariat
#TheCheckpoints: The Professional - Demnagram_Story of Saba Bakhia
#პროფესიონალი: საბა ბახია
Stoli® Group to Release Limited-Edition Bottle in Support of the Ukrainian People
როგორ მოხვდა 17 წლის ანასტასია ლელაძე ჰარვარდში? - ანასტასია ლელაძე ქალების ნარატივში
"Literally the whole village was waiting for the first harvest of strawberry" - Kvitsiani family from Svaneti
Aliyev replaces long-serving central bank head with loyalist
Putin imposes visa restrictions on citizens from 'unfriendly' countries
BMG-ს მედია რუბრიკა: #პროფესიონალი - გიორგი მიქაია
ყველაზე სანქცირებული რუსი ოლიგარქები
Business Leaders Council by USAID and Georgian Business
ვინ არის მსოფლიოში #1 სნაიპერი “Wali”?
ბინების ქირის ფასი 50%-მდე გაიზარდა
OECD formally terminates the accession process of Russia
"Today we are all Ukrainians"- Zurab Pololikashvili
საქმიანი დილა - 25.02.2022 - გადაცემა სრულად
Tourism is the main bridge for building understanding - ZURAB POLOLIKASHVILI