20.Jun .2021 21:00

The Most Demanded Cars in Georgia – Ranking

The Most Demanded Cars in Georgia – Ranking
views 227
Back

According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs statistics, the number of vehicles registered in Georgia in 2016 increased by 72,900 and reached 1.4 million. MIA statistics also include the ranking of the most frequently imported cars last year. The report also reveals that most of the cars imported into the country are second-hand.
 
The Ministry of Internal Affairs statistics presents the rankings of the most frequently imported cars in the country. According to the rankings, the #1 spot in this statistic is still occupied by the Toyota Prius, accounting for 9.7% of total imports.
 
Rankings of the most frequently imported cars in 2020:
 
1. TOYOTA PRIUS - 7073 cars, decrease in imports compared to the previous year -11%
2. TOYOTA CAMRY - 5104 cars, 43% increase in imports compared to the previous year
3. FORD TRANSIT - 3646 cars, import increase by 62% over the previous year
4. HYUNDAI ELANTRA - 3135 cars, decrease in imports compared to the previous year -2%
5. HONDA FIT - 2479 cars, 33% increase in imports compared to the previous year
6. FORD FUSION - 1969 car, import growth from previous year 87%
7. TOYOTA PRIUS C - 1896 car, import growth compared to the previous year 224%
8. CHEVROLET CRUZE - 1750 cars, an increase of imports by 29% over the previous year
9. TOYOTA RAV4 - 1604 cars, 52% increase in imports over the previous year
10. VOLKSWAGEN JETTA - 1385 cars, import increase by 85% over the previous year
 
The top ten accounts for 30% of total auto imports, with the remaining 70% distributed to other models of cars.

According to statistics, the primary market for car imports to Georgia is the United States, from which 48,000 cars were imported in 2020.

According to statistics, 21% of imports come from cars in under one year, respectively 79% of imported cars in the country are second-hand.