In January-May 2020, exports from Georgia to Ukraine without re-exports decreased by 28.1% to $ 42.5 million.
It should be noted that Ukraine ranks fifth in Georgia's local exports after the largest countries - China, Russia, Bulgaria and Turkey.
According to the data requested by BM.GE from Geostat, alcohol is the leader among the goods exported to Ukraine during the mentioned period. The list of exported TOP-10 products is as follows:
1. Alcoholic beverages - 12.4 million USD, 2,815,611 liters;
2. Fertilizers mineral or chemical, nitrogen - 8.7 million USD, 48,951 tons;
3. Mineral and freshwater - 8.3 million USD, 18,951,305 liters;
4. Natural grape wines - 7.9 million USD, 2,923,264 liters;
5. Waste and scrap of copper - 1.0 million USD, 196.1 tons;
6. Ginger, saffron, urticaria, bay leaf, curry and other spices - 673.5 thousand USD, 336.0 tons;
7. Waters, including mineral and damaged, with sugar additives - 428.6 thousand USD, 805 280 liters;
8. Ferroalloys - 329.1 thousand USD, 286.0 tons;
9. Nuts and other nuts - 318.5 thousand USD, 77.0 tons;
10. Pipes nd hollow profiles, made of ferrous metal - 263.8 thousand USD, 323.5 tons.
Export of the remaining local goods amounted to 1.9 million USD.
See all the news
Studying Abroad Costs Georgian Students €10,000–15,000
Franco Frattini - Georgia, straying from the rule of law
Letter to the Newsweek Editor: 'Russia Determined to Wield Power in Georgia'
Caspiannews: Georgia’s Actions to Seize Foreign Company Disrupt Telecommunications Corridor Between Europe & Asia
Turkish cable manufacturer Koc Kablo has opened its first factory in Georgia
TBC Bank announces management change
Oil prices fall further on virus fears, U.S. crude stock build
Update on Shuakhevi HPP
Turkey to open doors to 31 countries for health tourism
Statement by Andrius Kubilius on the EU assistance for Georgia
Wine sales have increased 5 times in the UK - Georgian-British startup
Visa informed banks of the mechanism to process transactions with expired cards
Russian Church, which priest tested positive for coronavirus is closed for several days
S&P: Georgia Heads Toward Recession
Gurian Tea "Gamarjoba" will Appear on the Market from September
Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care
Georgian economy grows 2.2% in February
NBG: in 2019 the current account deficit reached its historical minimum
First-Stage Land Usage Permit for APM Terminals Poti
www.stopcov.ge is accessible in minority languages