In 2Q2022, the volume of the gross domestic product at current prices equaled GEL 18 billion, while the GDP growth made up 7.1% in the same period of the previous year, the National Statistics Offie of Georgia reports.
As of the document, the highest - 75.9% increase was recorded in the energy sector, which was related to the increase in the volume of electricity generated in Georgia. 400% increase has been observed the electricity exports. Until now, Georgia has exported electricity worth USD 74 million, which was a record figure compared to previous years.
Growth of 28% has been observed in the communications sector, 18% - in transport, and a 7% - in finance. There is a 3% decrease in the construction sector, as well as in the real estate sector.
Revenues of companies operating in the healthcare sector have decreased the most, by 12.7%.
● Energy - 75.9%
● Other services - 32.3%
● Information and communication - 27.7%
● Administrative and support service activities - 24.4%
● Transport and warehousing - 18.6%
● Mining industry - 12.6%
● Education - 12.0%
● Activities of households as tenants; Production of undifferentiated goods and services by households for their own consumption - 11.0%
● Agriculture, forestry and fish farming - 10.9%
● Water supply; Sewage, waste management and decontamination activities - 10.7%
● Tourism - 9.2%
● Financial and insurance activities - 6.7%
● GDP at basic prices - 6.0%
● State governance and defense; Compulsory social security - 4.8%
● Wholesale and retail trade; Car and motorcycle repair - 3.0%
● Arts, entertainment and recreation - 2.1%
● Manufacturing industry - -1.6%
● Activities related to real estate - -2.7%
● Construction - -3.2%
● Professional, scientific and technical activities - -9.2%
● Healthcare and social service activities - -12.7%
See all the news
Tata Power’s CEO Pays Visit to BMG
NEQSOL Holding has won defamation case against Communications Commission
Europe's largest crypto exchange WhiteBIT has partnered with Netflix
Interview with Albert Park, ADB’s Chief Economist - By Elene Kvanchilashvili, Forbes Georgia Executive Editor in Chief
This year, the VIII international literature festival Odesa will be held in Batumi
Georgian Commercial Banks Boost Business loan portfolio for large enterprises
High blueberry exports from Georgia In July
Op-Ed: Gold and Inflation
სებ-ი კრიპტობაზრის რეგულირებას გეგმავს - რა იცის სექტორმა?
#BMGAUTO: #AUTOრემონტი - რა ეტაპზეა ავტომობილი?
Fitch Affirms TBC Leasing at 'BB-'; Outlook Stable
What regime of sanctions applies to Russian oil and what requirements Georgia has to comply?
#BMGAUTO: Dodge magnum SRT8 - 6.1 hemi, BMW E46 M3 - CABRIO, AUDI A7 3.0T FSI Quattro S Line
#საქმიანები: მაკა ბატიაშვილის მაქსიმალური მინიმალიზმი
#რედაქტ2: გიორგი ისაკაძის ინტერვიუ სოსო ტყემალაძესთან - პრემიერ-მინისტრის მრჩეველი, რაგბის კავშირის პრეზიდენტი / 16.06.2022
#საქმიანები: "პატარა ბაზარი" - ქართული ბიზნესი ფრანგული შტრიხებით - ქეთევან მესხი
"USA supports Georgian economic by working with American firms to enter to Georgian market" - Degnan visited Batumi Multimodal Terminal
#BMGAUTO: Autoრემონტის პირველი გამარჯვებული - როგორ მივიღოთ მონაწილეობა გათამაშებაში?
Financial Services in CAREC
#საქმიანები: მზად ვართ ახალი პროექტებისთვის - "ელემენტ კონსტრაქშენი"