Georgia's Trade Turnover With Germany Exceeded USD 0.5 BLN In 10M2022
Georgia's trade turnover with Germany made up USD 558.7 million or 6.1%-share of the whole trade. The country ranks the 7th among the foreign trade partners as of 10 months of the current year.
According to official statistics, compared to January-October 2021, this indicator has increased by 26.4%. In the last ten years, it is the highest rate among the countries. However, it should be noted that trade in goods with Germany mainly comes from imports, which account for 90.5% of trade.
This year, the country bought goods worth USD 505.7 million from Germany, which was 29% more than last year's imports.
TOP-10 Imported Commodities:
1. Motor cars - USD 125.7 million;
2. Medicinal products packaged - USD 31 million;
3. Trucks - USD 23.6 million;
4. Tractors - USD 17 million;
5. Oil and oil products - USD 13.1 million;
6. Turbojet and turboprop engines - USD 11.4 million;
7. Other flying machines - USD 9.5 million;
8. Parts of tractors, light trucks and special purpose vehicles - USD 7.6 million;
9. Tools and devices in medicine - USD 7.6 million;
10. Computing machines and their blocks - USD 6.4 million;
The share of exports to Germany is small, according to official statistics, this number has been increasing over the years. In 2022, the country earned USD 53 million from the sale of goods in Germany. The increase is 6.4% compared to 10 months of last year.
TOP-10 Export Commodities:
1. Nuts and walnuts - USD 17.1 million;
2. Other goods - USD 3.6 million;
3. Dried fruits - USD 3.1 million;
4. Natural grape wines - USD 2.9 million;
5. Unprocessed or semi-processed gold - USD 2.6 million;
6. Clean and coarsely ground flour - USD 2 million;
7. Motor cars - USD 1.9 million;
8. Other ready-made products including clothing patterns - USD 1.9 million;
9. Tools and devices for use in medicine or veterinary medicine - USD 1.7 million;
10. Pipes, tubes and hollow profiles, seamless, made of black metal - USD 1.4 million.