Coffee import has increased by 2.2% in Georgia in 2019 amounting to 32.5 million USD (2018 – 31.8 million USD).
Based on the data requested by BM.GE from Geostat, coffee beans of 6.5 million t, cost of 17.3 million USD and instant coffee of 3 797.9 t, cost of 15.2 million USD, has been imported from more than 20 countries.
TOP 10 countries by import of roasted or unroasted coffee beans
1. Indonesia - $ 6.2 million (2018 - $ 7.1 million);
2. Vietnam - $ 2.4 million (2018 - $ 2.3 million);
3. Italy - $ 2.0 million (2018 - $ 1.8 million);
4. Russia - $ 1.7 million (2018 - $ 1.6 million);
5. Germany - $ 1.5 million (2018 - $ 1.1 million);
6. Armenia - $ 973.4 thousand (2018 - $ 889.9 thousand);
7. Turkey - $ 368.1 thousand (2018 - $ 259.1 thousand);
8. Austria - $ 354.2 thousand (2018 - $ 304.3 thousand);
9. France - $ 246.5 thousand (2018 - $ 258.8 thousand)
10. Columbia - $ 190.7 thousand.
As for the instant coffee, the largest importer countries are as follows: Russia, Ukraine and Brasilia.
1. Russia - $ 8.7 million (2018 - $ 7.9 million);
2. Ukraine - $ 2.8 million (2018 - $ 3.2 million);
3. Brazil - $ 770.4 thousand (2018 - $ 1.5 million);
4. Turkey - $ 724.1 thousand (2018 - $ 523.3 thousand);
5. India - $ 557.0 thousand (2018 - $ 575.2 thousand);
6. Indonesia - $ 271.3 thousand (2018 - $ 99.9 thousand);
7. Germany - $ 256.2 thousand (2018 - $ 383.5 thousand);
8. France - $ 208.6 thousand (2018 - $ 75.6 thousand);
9. United Arab Emirates - $ 189.9 thousand (2018 - $ 31.7 thousand);
10. Vietnam - $ 144.9 thousand (2018 - $ 206.6 thousand)
TOP-10 companies by coffee bean import: LLC BB Company, LLC Express Georgia, LLC New Coffee Company, LLC Sami, LLC OMPET, LLC Chery, LLC PB Distribution, LLC King Original, LLC Primo, LLC Karen Trade.
The following companies are among the largest importers of instant coffee: LLC GEO Import, LLC Express Georgia, LLC Guarantee Lux, LLC Argo, LLC TID Foods, LLC KL Coffee Company, LLC PB Distribution, LLC Nestle Georgia, LLC Jacobs Douwe Egberts Georgia and LLC Meditrade.
See all the news
First-Stage Land Usage Permit for APM Terminals Poti
Carrefour: The product will be on the shelves with the prices same as before
Differences between tobacco and nicotine products
Silknet signed Memorandum of Understanding with Global Communications Company One Web
Reuters: Dutch city tells floating Georgian monastery to cast off
The NBG hiked further as the GEL stays undervalued
World Bank expects slowdown of Georgia's economic growth in Q4 of 2019
Georgia-Estonia Business Forum is Held Today
Nestle Sees $250 Million Boost for Starbucks Products
BM.GE: Giorgi Gakharia has selected a new business ombudsman
Galt & Taggart does not rule out slowdown of economic growth to 4% in 2020
Mamuka Khazaradze: finally, I also found out what we were accused of
Salmonella detected in frozen chicken meat imported from Ukraine
Talakvadze about Tskaltubo Development Project: special rules won’t apply to Ivanishvili
m2: we do not have any plans for Center Point at this stage
Georgia Capital to open 6 new hotels in Georgia under the new brand Amber Group
The CEO of m2 Group is changed - Shota Berekashvili replaces Irakli Burdiladze
The 30 Top Emerging Travel Destinations for 2020
"We hold rather comfortable shares on the market " – Does TBC Bank want to Buy Cartu?
Interview with Ahmed Bin Sulayem - Executive Chairman and CEO of DMCC