In January-July 2021, Georgia earned $ 2.7 million from tea exports. The volume of flavored or non-flavored tea sold from Georgia in different countries of the world was 1,339.4 tons.
According to official statistics, the export volume of tea this year is 7% higher than the same period last year, while 23.8% higher compared to the 7 months of 2019. However, the value of exported tea is lower than the last year (7 months of 2020 - 2.8 million USD), while it has increased compared to the 2019 figure (7 months of 2019 $ 2.3 million).
During these years, Azerbaijan remained the main export market for tea to Georgia, and products were exported to about 20 countries.
Top-10 Countries Accoridng To The Exports In 2021:
1. Azerbaijan - USD 1.3 million, 184.3 tons;
2. Turkey – USD 506.8 thousand, 150.8 tons;
3. Mongolia - USD 219.9 thousand, 400.5 tons;
4. Turkmenistan – USD 150.9 thousand, 83.1 tons;
5. Ukraine – USD 119.5 thousand, 64.3 tons;
6. Kazakhstan – USD 115.6 thousand, 288.9 tons;
7. Russia – USD 90.8 thousand, 110.7 tons;
8. Uzbekistan – USD 63.8 thousand, 8.3 tons;
9. Estonia – USD 30.9 thousand, 0.4 tons;
10. Taiwan, Province of China - USD 30 thousand, 2 tons.
As for imports, the volumes of tea purchased from different markets of the world are much higher than the exports. According to statistics, in the first 7 months of this year, tea imports decreased by 15% and the country spent USD 4.8 million to purchase 1,169.7 tons of tea.
Among the import markets, Azerbaijan still occupies the first place.
TOP-10 countries according to the imports:
1. Azerbaijan - USD 2.6 million, 427 tons;
2. Russia – USD 858.9 thousand, 139.5 tons;
3. Sri Lanka – USD 784.3 thousand, 203.7 tons;
4. Turkey – USD 108.6 thousand, 329.1 tons;
5. United Arab Emirates – USD 104.5 thousand, 9.2 tons;
6. Germany – USD 87.3 thousand, 4.9 tons;
7. France – USD 73.6 thousand, 2 tons;
8. China – USD 34.8 thousand, 11.09 tons;
9. Kyrgyzstan – USD 30 thousand, 2 tons;
10. Poland -USD 28 thousand, 1 ton.
See all the news
First NFT Asset By The Arveladze Twins To Be Sold On The Auction
Women in Tech
#TheCheckPoints - Economic Freedom and Georgia - Fraser Institute’s Index
#FORBESკვირა - გიორგი ისაკაძის ეპილოგი
#FORBESკვირა - როგორ გამდიდრდა Pfizer?
Kazakhstan’s Share of Bitcoin Mining Increases Sixfold Surging to Third Place Worldwide
Israel Bans Travel In Georgia From July 30
Novartis Prostate Cancer Drug Receives U.S. FDA Breakthrough Designation
Mymarket-ის აპლიკაცია ჩაშვებულია!
The Success of 5 Georgian Wines at Sommeliers Choice Awards 2021
მანინო უწერა - ახალი სასტუმრო რაჭაში
სილამაზის ინდუსტრიის გამოწვევები და #AVON-ის ფინანსური მაჩვენებლები
Investors in Georgia discover that Ease of Doing Business rankings can be deceptive
Baia Kvitsiani to Replace Mariam Kvrivishvili In The Parliament
Wine Earnings From Exports Increase Despite Pandemic
How to study in Britain?
Who Is Vazil Hudak?
PM Appoints Vazil Hudak As A Special Advisor on Attracting FDI
How much do Covid-19 vaccines cost?
Chernobyl: The next phase