The National Tourism Administration released a report on foreign visitors’ statistics in March. According to official statistics, 209,000 international visitors visited the country last month, down 58.6% from 2019.
According to the document, the number of international visitors by air decreased by 68% during the period, while by the land - 55%.
During March, the border regime became even tighter and figures are close to zero in April. At the same time, due to the restriction of economic activity, the activity of hotels operating in the country is almost suspended, and they only serve quarantine persons.
According to statistics, mostly citizens of Azerbaijan and Turkey crossed the Georgian border in March. The full rating and reduced figures are as follows:
1. Azerbaijan - 43,437 visitors, decrease of 62.9% compared to the previous year;
2. Turkey - 41,121 visitors, decrease of -45.4% from the previous year;
3. Russia - 32,981 visitors, 66.5% down from the previous year;
4. Armenia - 32,798 visitors, down from the previous year - 61.1%;
5. Georgia (non-resident) - 19 410 visitors, decrease compared to the previous year - 49.5%;
6. Ukraine - 7 805 visitors, decrease compared to the previous year - 40.3%;
7. Israel - 3,620 visitors, a decrease from the previous year - 65.9%;
8. Poland - 2,502 visitors, a decrease of 9.6% from the previous year;
9. Kazakhstan - 1,810 visitors, a decrease of 62.5% from the previous year;
10. Belarus - 1,685 visitors, a decrease of 40.5% compared to the previous year;
11. Germany - 1,666 visitors, down from the previous year - 45.7%;
12. India - 1,336 visitors, down from the previous year - 74.7%;
13. USA - 1,117 visitors, down from the previous year - 51.0%;
14. United Kingdom - 1,117 visitors, down from the previous year - 42.5%;
15. Lithuania - 1,096 visitors, a decrease of 18.0% compared to the previous year.
The National Tourism Administration will publish statistics of April in May.
See all the news
Kazakhstan’s Share of Bitcoin Mining Increases Sixfold Surging to Third Place Worldwide
Israel Bans Travel In Georgia From July 30
Novartis Prostate Cancer Drug Receives U.S. FDA Breakthrough Designation
Mymarket-ის აპლიკაცია ჩაშვებულია!
The Success of 5 Georgian Wines at Sommeliers Choice Awards 2021
მანინო უწერა - ახალი სასტუმრო რაჭაში
სილამაზის ინდუსტრიის გამოწვევები და #AVON-ის ფინანსური მაჩვენებლები
Investors in Georgia discover that Ease of Doing Business rankings can be deceptive
Baia Kvitsiani to Replace Mariam Kvrivishvili In The Parliament
Who Is Vazil Hudak?
PM Appoints Vazil Hudak As A Special Advisor on Attracting FDI
Exclusive Follow-Up/Interview with Selim Cakir, IMF Representative in Georgia
Czech Development Agency Delegation to Visit Georgia
GNCC demands reversal of a transaction on which they don’t have a jurisdiction - Law Professor
ფარმადეპო: „მედიკამენტები 1 ლარად“ - ქეთი კოზმანაშვილი ქალების ნარატივში
Georgia's business community responds to the sharp devaluation of GEL
Georgia amends transfer pricing rules for APAs, reduces thresholds
We paid for 100% of shares of Caucasus Online in 2019 - NEQSOL Holding
“Only the courts have the right to determine the legality of the purchase of Caucasus Online", - NEQSOL Holding